Rocklahoma 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the first time in a few years, Rocklahoma managed to book an actual headliner with Ozzy Osbourne.

Ozzy's been in really poor health since last Fall. Staph infections, 70-year-old flu complications, now a bad fall.

Ozzy just announced he's tweaked an old injury and just cancelled all of his 2019 dates, including Rocklahoma.

It seems that every time Rocklahoma books a big act, either the weather chases them off, they cancel due to personal issues, or they die. Volbeat, Linkin Park, Chris Cornell, now Ozzy.

Honestly, the last time we had a successful Rocklahoma was 2014 when Kid Rock jammed to a record 100k+ person crowd.

It's time Rocklahoma stops putting on the festival. They're a clear and present danger the last good rockers.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the guys at work is involved with Rocklahoma in some way (I think he's in a band that's playing there, but I'm not sure), and just last week he was talking about how Ozzy hadn't canceled despite his recent health issues. I guess he can't say that anymore...

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worst time of year in Oklahoma to have an outdoor event, especially smack in the middle of tornado alley.

I wonder if this type of activity has anything to do with Ozzy’s health!?

This is a scene for The Dirt. It is NSFW, contains language and will overall discuss you.

WATCHER BEWARE!

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems that every time Rocklahoma books a big act, either the weather chases them off, they cancel due to personal issues, or they die. Volbeat, Linkin Park, Chris Cornell, now Ozzy.

Honestly, the last time we had a successful Rocklahoma was 2014 when Kid Rock jammed to a record 100k+ person crowd.

It's time Rocklahoma stops putting on the festival. They're a clear and present danger the last good rockers.
I remember the first successful one. 1_777699bd089467e71b819dcef56121af.jpg

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good ol Rocklahoma, Country Fever and Bikelahoma. Lol. Before I came to this ranch 5yrs ago, I worked on the division of A-bar that's in Pryor. Part of it is directly across the road to the north of the Rocklahoma facility. We parked in the pastures on occasion. The daytime jam sessions made for interesting cattle drives on fresh cattle. The amount of trash hung in our fences and blown on our hay meadows was pretty amazing. The people running the place were a lil odd but after a few ass chewings they got pretty good and sending cleanup crews our way after shows.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worst time of year in Oklahoma to have an outdoor event, especially smack in the middle of tornado alley.

I think it was 2015 when the state drought ended. The festival flooded, and there was no way in or out for some 14 hours or so. Serious weather that year, and organizers just insisted everyone shelter in place. Couple of kids trying to leave and go home ended up dying when their vehicle was swept away. I imagine the rising insurance is why they werent able to book any good bands for the next 3 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom