rookie question on smoking trout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah. That all sounds about right. Anything can be re-froze once for sure. Probably up to about 3 times really.

But it all depends on temps and surface bacteria levels on the meat, etc. when things thaw there can be a large bacterial bloom. Don’t want to risk it too much with chicken and fish. Too much potential bacteria risk. I wouldn’t refreeze chicken or fish more than 2x

If the deep freeze thaws that means it’s time to fire up the smoker and give lots of meat away.
I have noticed the homeland store in Ponca is offering a cheap chicken Monday with 8 pieces of dark meat for $5.99. Four thighs and four legs. On Fridays it's cheap ribs. A full slab of smoked ribs for $12. The same Saint Louis cut ribs uncooked on the meat counter is $15.
A person I know that works there said it's the meat that is a day or two from being tossed is used for the cheap eats so the store doesn't lose money which makes sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom