Rose Bowl Parade....Oh Yeah!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with a relative in Southern California. You know the usual chit-chat cousins do at the holidays. Well she tells me if the wife and I can make it she has access to tickets (grandstaff seating,not on the sidewalk) for seating at the Rose Bowl Parade. I'm making plans now,but the wife is at lunch with co-workers and will let me know tonight or tomorrow if we(if she can get off work this soon) can go!!!

I've got a ton of relatives in So.Cal., so I have places to stay....hmm, do I stay with the relatives in the Hollywood area and party or do I stay with some relatives(Huntington Beach) along the coast and deep sea fish off Catalina Island and maybe hit Hussong's Cantina in Ensenada,Baja Mexico??!!

Just hope the wife can get off and we celebrate the New Year's Southern California style.

*** Yes, I have been to this parade waaay in the early '80's, but was on the sidewalk...not in a seated area.****

Look out So.Cal., the Oklahoma Hillbillies are a coming!!!

Cohiba

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooo! Should be a fun parade if you have good reserved seating. Otherwise if the G'stand seating is not reserved be prepared to camp out on the bleachers for a good seat. As for going to Ensenada. Stay away, far away. Good possibility of getting yourself in some big trouble down there these days. I would stay in HB if I were you. A lot to see and do. Newport Beach is better IMO though. Hollywood just plain sucks and is DIRTY. Good luck getting into any decent nightclubs as unless you are someone special you will wait in heavy lines. Spend a day shopping in LA but stay in OC. If not familiar with The OC let me know and I can give you some pointers.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Parks788, I real familiar with Southern California....Grandparents to tons of relatives live or lived there. Hussong's...(Baja Mexico)been there quite a few times during the '80s!!!

I remember seeing in the early 1980's.....The Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, B-52's and a few others during new wave/punk movement. What I can't wait to do...if we get to go...is fish off Catalina Island out in the Pacific...LOVE IT!!

Little story about Cohiba: I think it was the summer of 1975 or 76.....when the movie Jaws came out. Well, a few cousins and myself went to go see this movie. Scared the horse sh*t out of me...12/13 year old kid. Well, when school let out....guess where Cohiba's parents sent him for the summer to be with his Grandparents and cousins.....Yep, So.Cal.
***Trust me-my cousins couldn't pry my a$$ off the beach and boogie board or swim in the ocean!!! Now...I would love to get in a cage and feed the sharks...its on my bucket list.

www.rotaryeclubny1.com_09RotaryFloat1_ROTARY_FLOAT_2009_1_A.jpg

po.b5z.net_zirw_b12_i_u_10025098_i_roseparade2.jpg

Cohiba

Attachments

• ROTARY-FLOAT-2009-1-A.jpg
    ROTARY-FLOAT-2009-1-A.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Top Bottom