ROSSI SQUIRE 410 DOUBLE NEED ACOMPLISHED TIG WELDER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has a grove on each side of the barrels. See pics will have to be kept cool so the rib wont come loose from melting the solder.

Attachments

• IMG_2037.JPG
    IMG_2037.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2038.JPG
    IMG_2038.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the grove is factory you may want to leave it alone. I'm concerned about the heat treat of the barrels being affected.by the heat of the weld. The heat of the weld though localized at the weld will change the barrel's steel.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the grove is factory you may want to leave it alone. I'm concerned about the heat treat of the barrels being affected.by the heat of the weld. The heat of the weld though localized at the weld will change the barrel's steel.
At soldering temps. It won’t affect the tempering of the steel. The old timers knew this, which is why they used this process.

Maxwray111

Marksman
Reaction score
It could also be placed in a water tank so only a small area is above the water line. The water will dissipate the heat away from the weld. At a company I used to work for, they tig welded stainless steel this way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom