"Round Count?"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I schedule maintenance on round count for some of my stuff.

Yep I had one .308 that shot great after 5 rounds down a cleaned barrel.
And about 30 rounds it began to open back up.
I am not a great shooter but not too bad and if a bad shooter had it they would never know.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never cared when buying or selling. I inspect the gun and look for obvious flaws. Most people don't shoot a gun enough to wear it out. It's a non-issue for me. Even with duty guns. I would regularly clean/inspect my gun. If it was working properly and the parts looked serviceable I was happy and that's served me well for 40 years.

I think some people overthink things. It's not wrong, it's just not always necessary. But if that makes them happy then it's not my place to question that.

This is my approach. I do know 'kinda' how many rounds have been through a firearm --- just not an exact #.

I did buy a used Glock 19 police trade-in that had a worn out guide rod and spring. Everything else functioned great. Replaced the guide and spring and it shoots as new.

Your results may vary.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Round count matters a lot more in overbore rifle cartridges ("barrel burners"). Buy a .243 with 1,500 rounds on it and you can figure that the barrel is all but toast already. The cost to rebarrel should be factored into the purchase price by the buyer.

Of course, round counts can be and frequently are underrepresented. Out here in SE Oklahoma there are a lot of "10 year old" horses for sale that are a lot closer to 20 than 10.. I suspect the gun world is on par here with advertised round counts in the classifieds.

However, for many firearms like Glocks as mentioned above, round count is fairly irrelevant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom