RSV Sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They triaged him and O2 sat was at 72% so they brought us back immediately, while plenty of people made comments loud enough for us to hear about how they've been waiting for hours and they should get to go back first. Had to bite my tonge

Most people don't understand the medical business the worst get seen to first. Been working in it for quite a while now

When I was young and broke my arm playing hockey my dad took me to er and we had to wait because of a car wreck. He got bent out of shape Dr told him to settle down would you rather have him in a wreck and who knows what the outcome. He chilled after that and I got a pain shot so I didn't give a crap.
Any how not to take away they don't know shite flip them the bird little ones come first

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rex (my 2 year old) is doing much better. We were hoping he might even be coming home today but he's taking a while to wean off of O2. When he came out of the PICU they weaned him way too fast and he almost ended up back in PICU because of it. As they've decreased O2 he's had to work pretty hard and last night he started regressing so they bumped up O2 and he is doing much better. He has to be stable completely off of oxygen for 12 hours before they'll release him, so tomorrow is still a possibility, it just depends on how his lungs do today.

Thanks for all the comments and messages, it is greatly appreciated.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My prayers to you. I hope things get better.

Did I miss it, or have you said what the problem was? Flu?

I'm no doctor, but Type 1 Diabetes hits kids this time of year - and can cause symptoms like you describe.
Type 1 diabetes is very commonly mis-diagnosed as the flu or viral infection. ...repeatedly mis-diagnosed multiple times.
I know this by experience. (Type 1 diabetes is -nothing- like the common type 2 diabetes)

Either way, prayers to you.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw this Aaron. Dang it, I hate that your family is having to go through this. Really glad that Rex is doing better. Please let us know if you need anything.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My niece spent a few weeks in the Baptist NICU when she was born. That just hurts your heart to see those little ones hooked up to all that equipment (almost as much as scrubbing the outer layer of skin off your hands under scalding hot water for what seems like 20 minutes just so you can go inside).

She just got her learner's permit a couple of weeks ago, so here's a prayer that your boy does as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom