ruger 10/22 pro mag drum problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j4821

Marksman
Reaction score
Bought a Ruger 10/22 tactical about a month ago due to the cheap cost of shooting. Picked up 2 Butler Creek 30rd steel lips and both worked great! Then bought the Pro mag 50rd drum thinking it would be the ultimate mag for that gun. Was I ever wrong, looks great in the gun doesn't work worth a flip. Won't even chamber 1 bullet. Got to looking at the lip and the top rail looks to be too long to let a bullet chamber. Was wondering if anyone had a solution? I was considering filing down the top rail a bit, but thought I would ask before doing.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but bad things about those drums...I wanted one for mine but kept clear...I think I remember reading on another board that filing that area down seemed to help a lil.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree.

So what type of stock do you have on your 10/22? Earlier this year, I sold off my first 10/22 build...it had a RB Precision Evolution stock, 16" fluted GM barrel, CAA adjustable stock. I am working on another one now...got the bug again...not sure which direction I want to go yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom