Ruger 10/22 - 10 vs 15 vs 25rd mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just me or do other people prefer not to have a bunch of mag hanging down for a shooting session? Especially with kids trying to learn to shoot.

When I was a younger man I used to have a 10/22 with the aftermarket 25rd mags (don't think they made the BX-25 back then) and I would walk the country shooting old cans and stuff so the longer mag was perfect for that.

But I own both 10 & 25's now a days and am going to pick up some more range mags and trying to decide if the BX-15 is worth buying or if even that amount of mag hanging down would still be annoying for they kind of shooting I am wanting to do. Otherwise, I think I will just get some more 10rd mags.

What say you?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several 10 round and 25 round mags.

I only use the 25 round when hunting or in the woods. The 10 round are for bench use and grandkids.

The 25s take too much time and effort to load.
So then that begs the question if the 15's would be the best compromise...I think I don't like something hanging down though so maybe I am answering my own question.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the DoubleKross mag bodies from TandemKross.

Welcome to TANDEMKROSS, LLC - Making Good Guns Great

My family bought me the double cross for Father’s Day, but haven’t tried it out yet. Been too hot. I like the performance and sleekness of the 10’s and the capacity of the 25’s. To get the 25’s to run, I did have to file on the feed lips on them with a round file to get them to run reliably. I think the TC mags give a little bit of both.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the 15rd mags, they still offer more capacity and are short enough at the range to use with a bipod. If I am woods bumming or squirrel hunting my 10-22 is not what I take for that, a browning T bolt is and it has flush mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom