Back To The 22 …

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a Bergara BMR 22LR the other day, mounted a Leupold 2x7 RF scope and off to the range to sight it in.

At 25 yards, the first 3 shots were touching each other but left of POA by 2” and down 2”. Cranked the sight over and up, it was dead on.

Great trigger … out of the box at 2.5# and crisp.

Shooting Federal Target loads and Aguila Standard Velocity loads with no difference in accuracy.

Was going to take a Ruger 10/22 HB Target (“spiral” barrel W/laminated stock) out but grabbed the Ruger 10/22 Sporter with a 1.5x4 Leupold AR Scope. Had not shot this Sporter in 13 or so years. First 3 shots were in the X touching each other. Didn’t matter what ammo.

Love shooting the Bergara. Has a full size rifle feel … much to do with the size of the bolt. Like I mentioned, the trigger is light and crisp. Once dialed in, awesome rifle. At some point I plan to put a suppressor on it.

The Ruger is hard to beat. Super accurate despite a heavy (5.5#) trigger. After shooting the Bergara, I thought the safety was on. No bolt to crank so it’s just put the crosshairs on the target and press the trigger so it’s easy to stay on target.

Really forgot how much fun 22’s are to shoot.

Attachments

• 5BD60AF4-4BEA-4B3A-AFAE-BAC1E02D67ED.jpeg
    5BD60AF4-4BEA-4B3A-AFAE-BAC1E02D67ED.jpeg
    428.9 KB · Views: 7

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was going to take a Ruger 10/22 HB Target (“spiral” barrel W/laminated stock) out but grabbed the Ruger 10/22 Sporter with a 1.5x4 Leupold AR Scope. Had not shot this Sporter in 13 or so years. First 3 shots were in the X touching each other. Didn’t matter what ammo.
I agree. I have the Sporter too. It's looks sold me besides being a Ruger 10/22. I haven't shot it enough I need to get it out. Going to sight in my wifes red dot on her 10/22 this week.....Think I'll take my Sporter out too.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Promising myself that I'd shoot it, to save on centerfire reloading components, once I bought it I purchased a unfired, new / old stock / 92'-93' mfg Marlin 60 a couple of years ago, had a new buffer installed by @Catt57 and hung a pretty good piece of glass on it....3x9x32 Sightron SI Series model 31019.

So far it's had a grand total of 75 rounds ran through it....I took it to the range one time, sighted it in at 25 yds., plinked a little bit then brought it home and cleaned it and it hasn't had a round flung down the barrel since.

I could shoot my 1911's all day but for some reason I just can't get all that enthused about .22LR.....maybe I'll shoot it more this year, we'll see.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Promising myself that I'd shoot it, to save on centerfire reloading components, once I bought it I purchased a unfired, new / old stock / 92'-93' mfg Marlin 60 a couple of years ago, had a new buffer installed by @Catt57 and hung a pretty good piece of glass on it....3x9x32 Sightron SI Series model 31019.

So far it's had a grand total of 75 rounds ran through it....I took it to the range one time, sighted it in at 25 yds., plinked a little bit then brought it home and cleaned it and it hasn't had a round flung down the barrel since.

I could shoot my 1911's all day but for some reason I just can't get all that enthused about .22LR.....maybe I'll shoot it more this year, we'll see.
Same here. I really enjoy shooting my 45 pistols and revolvers and would always grab some when I went to the range. Buying the Bergara was the push I needed to grab the 22’s.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Get started in Steel Challenge matches. One can use a centerfire, but 99% use the .22RF.

Latest posts

Top Bottom