Back To The 22 …

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a .22 suppressor in NFA jail right now, but am really looking forward to getting it out.
Love shooting the .22RF round. Cheap and fun, what's wrong with that!
What suppressor did you end up getting?

I am leaning towards a Rugged Oculus or a Rugged Obsidian 9 that will “work” on a 22 as well as my 9mm CMMG Banshee.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a Bergara BMR 22LR the other day, mounted a Leupold 2x7 RF scope and off to the range to sight it in.

At 25 yards, the first 3 shots were touching each other but left of POA by 2” and down 2”. Cranked the sight over and up, it was dead on.

Great trigger … out of the box at 2.5# and crisp.

Shooting Federal Target loads and Aguila Standard Velocity loads with no difference in accuracy.

Was going to take a Ruger 10/22 HB Target (“spiral” barrel W/laminated stock) out but grabbed the Ruger 10/22 Sporter with a 1.5x4 Leupold AR Scope. Had not shot this Sporter in 13 or so years. First 3 shots were in the X touching each other. Didn’t matter what ammo.

Love shooting the Bergara. Has a full size rifle feel … much to do with the size of the bolt. Like I mentioned, the trigger is light and crisp. Once dialed in, awesome rifle. At some point I plan to put a suppressor on it.

The Ruger is hard to beat. Super accurate despite a heavy (5.5#) trigger. After shooting the Bergara, I thought the safety was on. No bolt to crank so it’s just put the crosshairs on the target and press the trigger so it’s easy to stay on target.

Really forgot how much fun 22’s are to shoot.

Just dropped a Ruger BX trigger in the Sporter. Took the pull down to 3.5# iron my scale. Didn’t improve the accuracy BUT it makes the Sporter really easy to shoot. Highly recommend for the cost.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made it out to the range this afternoon.
My LGS got a new shipment of SK Biathlon, Lapua Polar Biathlon, Lapua Midas and Lapua Center X ammo. I was able to shoot a box of each. The CZ shot them all really good but my best groups was with the SK Biathlon and the Lapua Midas. First picture are 5 shot groups with the SK Biathlon, and the others are marked. As you can see, I was shooting at a dot made by a sharpie. I also shot 10 rounds with CCI SV but the best I could do with that was get all the shots inside a quarter. Ammo makes all the difference in the world. All the shots with the SK and Lapua were either touching or through the same hole. I am loving the Rimfire shooting. Russ, the owner took me in the back and showed me the stores stash of high end 22lr ammo. He said I am part of the club and can purchase as much as I need anytime. He doesn't sell it to the general public. I was ecstatic and loving the Rimfire shooting. I never thought I would enjoy shooting 22lr as much as I am.

IMG_8948.jpeg

IMG_8947.jpeg

IMG_8946.jpeg

IMG_8945.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom