Ruger 5.7x28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long story short. Few years ago bought a FN 5.7, POS. When you shot it, it felt like junk. A while back picked up a Ruger 5.7, MUCH better weapon. Have not got to shoot it very often due to price of ammo. Well, a buddy hooked me up today, FN 5.7 ballistic tip. Bought 15 box's for only $35 a box. I am a very happy camper.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Typically around $50 for 50 Rounds harley128. Just out of curiosity, surjimmy what didn't you like about the FN? I have heard the FN feels more refined over the Ruger from people that shot both. I have found the FN to be a tack driver, short reset and pleasant trigger pull. without a single jam. I have not fired the Ruger, but have considered buying one.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Typically around $50 for 50 Rounds harley128. Just out of curiosity, surjimmy what didn't you like about the FN? I have heard the FN feels more refined over the Ruger from people that shot both. I have found the FN to be a tack driver, short reset and pleasant trigger pull. without a single jam. I have not fired the Ruger, but have considered buying one.
Maybe I just got a lemon, Joel and I both thought the FN felt like an airsoft pistol when fired. There's a guy named Paul (something) on u-tube that does alot of reviews on guns. Pretty good info on the 5.7. If you are thinking about buying a Ruger, you are more then welcome to shoot mine before you decide. However this will be a BYOA range visit.LOL I am not sure any advantage this caliber or gun has over others. I got it for a survival bug out bag weapon. To be honest, if I have to bug out. I am just going to take over an On Cue, that's about the extent of my bug out skills.lol

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually pretty fair assessment as to how the recoil feels on the FN FiveSeven, expecially after firing 9's and .45's, I thought it felt like a high powered airgun. I did feel that they used quite a bit of plastic in it's construction as well. As for the Ruger, I have handled one. I thought the ergonomics were a bit more like a traditional pistol, with a little less reach. On the FN I really like the trigger, I have found it better than most polymer pistols. The Ruger actually about the same, but dry firing once or twice without one side by side it is hard to tell. Other than the aforementioned issues I like mine quite a bit, but it took though about 300 rds before I really started to like it. Am I going to get a Ruger 5.7? Maybe. Be nice to have, but not necessarily needed. I wouldn't mind trying one out. I have absolutely no issue with BYOA range time either, I may take you up on that offer at a later date (quite busy currently between work and home). 15 Boxes at $35 a box, I am very envious! At that price I would be shooting it much more.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enjoy my Ruger 57. Bought 300 rounds when $24 for 50 rounds (thought that was spendy back then). Seen it as high as $90 but lately $55. An accurate shooter, enjoy the 20 round magazines. Only hard to conceal summer months wearing a t-shirt. Fiber optic front sight is a plus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom