Ruger LCP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who out there has one & what are your thoughts & feelings on this as a pocket gun,good ,bad ,ok.
Is it of decent quality & workmanship ?
I normaly stay away from new models of anything until they get a chance to work the bugs out,does the LCP have any bugs ?

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup it's got its share. Nice gun tho. A little pricier than the one I chose, the keltec p3at. Ruger copied keltec's design, so they're almost identical. The keltec's on it's third generation, and have most all the bugs worked out. Mine has been flawless since I got it.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my mom has the kel-tec and my dad has the ruger and from my point of view the ruger is a nicer gun , it looks better and the quality looks a little better to me. that bein said i have shot neither that often but , i know neither have gave probs for my parents

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What sold me was the guy I bought mine from said he always had to readjust his grip after shooting the ruger, and that the keltec didn't give him that problem. I've never actually shot a ruger, so i don't know, but this guy is a personal friend and I've never known him to be wrong regarding guns of any sort. And he stood to make more money off the larger sale had I gone the ruger route.....

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Ruger LCP has been flawless. No problems at all and surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. If you are wanting a pocket pistol in 380, the Ruger is hard to beat for the money.

Tom K

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are several small polymer .380s out there - Kel-Tec, Kahr, Ruger, Taurus, the new Diamondback (discussed in this thread http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75349). But the Kel-tec was the first and so has had the longest time to get the bugs worked out. The Ruger LCP has gone through some teething problems an is probably solid now, if you buy a new one. It does hold the slide open on the last shot (which the Kel-Tec does not do) but is slightly larger, and more expensive.

Try to find them and handle them in person, and select the one that feels bestest. You wouldn't buy boots without trying them on, would you?

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am actualy heading to Sports World to look at them both now. I am considering one for the wife,I have a 642 for pocket carry that I realy like & am thinking of a second 642 or possibly a Keltec or LCP for the wife to purse carry .thanx for the info

Latest posts

Top Bottom