Ruger Single Seven Birdhead .327 Federal Magnum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gun shoots great. It's a snappy little round and really enjoyable to shoot. The factory grips are a little slippery
in the hand and the stainless front sight is a little hard to get perfectly aligned. It's kind of hard to determine in some
light just exactly where the top of the sight is if you know what I mean. I have replaced the grips with a floral carved
wood grip and the texture makes it a lot easier to maintain your grip. The gun is pretty accurate though.
Here is a picture with the new grips. Also I've polished the stainless a little.
ruger with new shoes.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice!

That is one of the many Ruger revolvers on my want list. About fourth or so down the list...

Ah... to dream.

Speed Six .357 Mag 4" Stainless
GP100 Match Champion
Redhawk or Blackhawk .44 Mag
Single *** Birds Head in .32 Mag or .327 Fed

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice!

That is one of the many Ruger revolvers on my want list. About fourth or so down the list...

Ah... to dream.

Speed Six .357 Mag 4" Stainless
GP100 Match Champion
Redhawk or Blackhawk .44 Mag
Single *** Birds Head in .32 Mag or .327 Fed
I like the sound of your list. I owned a Speed Six .357 snub nose many years ago and I'd love to get
another one. Or maybe a Service Six.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you like the birdshead grip? What about the short barrel?
Really thinking about getting one of these! Yours looks great!
Yeah I really do like the birds head grip. It may not be for everyone but I'd always wanted something
small and with a short barrel like this. When I first saw the .327 guns coming out I decided I wanted one
of them. This was just the perfect combination. Like I said it's not for everything but I own quite a few
handguns of all different barrel lengths and types. I've been on a single action kick lately and I bought a
couple of full size in .357 and .45 Colt. This .327 just seemed to round that out. I really enjoy shooting it too.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I really do like the birds head grip. It may not be for everyone but I'd always wanted something
small and with a short barrel like this. When I first saw the .327 guns coming out I decided I wanted one
of them. This was just the perfect combination. Like I said it's not for everything but I own quite a few
handguns of all different barrel lengths and types. I've been on a single action kick lately and I bought a
couple of full size in .357 and .45 Colt. This .327 just seemed to round that out. I really enjoy shooting it too.

I've got a .357 birdshead on the way, and assuming the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, I may have it before the weekend. I like those grips; where did you get them? I'll almost certainly replace the stock ones, because you know, I can.

I'll be shopping for grips at Wannenmacher as well.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I like the sound of your list. I owned a Speed Six .357 snub nose many years ago and I'd love to get
another one. Or maybe a Service Six.

Thanks!

My wife had a 4” stainless Security Six when we got married. We’ve since added a 4” stainless Service Six and a snubby blued Speed Six. That’s why we want a 4” stainless Speed Sixe, to match the other two. Plus, I’ve found that if I’m carrying a revolver I’d just as well have the extra inch and a half.

Latest posts

Top Bottom