RUGER SP101, 357 with 2.25" barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been wanting one for awhile, finally got to order mine today. Anyone have one and what do you think of them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carry mine every day, LOVE IT. It shot a bit low when I got it. Filed the front sight down a little at a time until I got it to shoot where I wanted. Last summer, while feeding horses, jumped a yote. He was running away and stopped about 75 yrs out. He turned to look back and I shot. Hit him right between the eyes and dropped him in his tracks.

Don't know who was more surprised, but I do love my SP101. It is stainless, I bought it for my wife and to carry on the boat. But found it so comfortable and easy to conceal I carry it everyday. She shoots it very well, but the DAO trigger is a bit heavier than she likes, so she got a PPK.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad used to have like the 3 inch I think?
I loved the hell out of that revolver! I wish he didn't get rid of it!!! :cry11:
I found it to be a softer shooter in .357 than the GP100.
You won't be disappointed, now maybe just a bit about the weight if you're gonna' carry it but it's still not that bad.

Dodahdude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 3 inch in a local pawn shop. Number 501 of 3,000 ever made. The first production models were for the 125 grain .357 bullet only. After number 3,000 Ruger went to the .158 grain. I love this gun.......

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two SP-101's, and I love them. But both are 4" barrels; one in 22 LR, and the other in 32 H&R Mag. They are very robust guns. I think that you will enjoy it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom