Rut Report 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Had a doe come in this evening, mouth open breathing hard, licking her lips and looking over her shoulder. I’m thinking ‘here he comes’. Dang it, same little funky forky I see every time I sit!
I did notice one thing. Almost all my deer come from the south headed north. This evening was opposite, had those two and two other young bucks all headed south. Doesn’t mean much but it’s a change from the norm.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watch and pattern the deer on a lot of ground for my job. Observation stands and getting set up looking through a spotter tells me different than what the three deer in the study share. I don’t think they wait three days but having witnessed 6 does bred by different bucks this year they don’t leave until they quit standing. Unlike bovines that will only breed once or twice and move along two of those does I watched for over six hours and while they’d move inside the same patch of cover the buck with them bred them too many times to count. A couple I witnessed breed twice then move into too tight of cover to glass only to be within 200yds twelve hours later. And breed a doe (presumably the same one) then. Same two bucks certainly one doe I’m positive was the same one. This was literally opposite ends of a half section I was setting on tank batteries glassing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can’t figure nothing out this year. Still acorns on ground..
First year planting plots.. no deer. None on camera. 400 acres 4 feeders, several rice bran spots.
Does at night, few daylight pictures and a couple dink bucks together, pushing each other around. The end
Good think my daughter has killed two on draws this year.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had two bucks chasing a doe in the yard this morning and the same two across the fence around noon. She stood for the smaller buck finally but the bigger 10 point came charging in and he got off the doe and they squared off, then they would start chasing the doe again. It was pretty comical.
If I bring your beverage of choice, can I have target practice in your yard? [emoji16]

Latest posts

Top Bottom