S&B .45 ACP cases - priming problems with Dillon 550B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
s&b 9mm cases always stopped my sdb. Always chunk them, seemed like the primer pockets are tight or whatever, but there is no point in even fooling with them,

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

As long as it is just the one type giving you fits, it is probably the brass/primer combo. The base under the shell plate can get out of alignment, I had that issue last year and Dillon sent me a tool to align it (free of course!). I'm not sure if the base being out of alignment could/would cause any sort of primer alignment issues that could do this.

Good luck,

Alan

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you look at the S&W cases closely you will see that the primer pocket is almost perfectly perpendicular to the base. Most other brass has a rounded surface at the interface of primer pocket and base. I was told that this was the result of S&W reaming their primer pockets rather than swaging them. In any case If you use a bit of extra care in aligning the case and refraining from muscling in the primer you should not experience any problems. S&B produces excellent brass.
This is only happening with S&B cases (.45 ACP), when seating CCI Large Primers. My loader is a Dillon 550B. Any one have similar experience or can tell me what is what?

awww.boomershooter.com_forums_uploads_imgs_pre_1311815243__45_002.jpg

Dux-R-Us

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's input. I had so few S&B cases I simply discarded them. That was the easiest solution.

I am happy to know it is a brass problem and not a loader problem, but then again I guess it's a combo of both.

cheers

K

Latest posts

Top Bottom