S.Potts Custom Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks and now it's brother in Spalted Stabilized Tamarind. I polished these blades to a mirror finish and its all I can do to keep the reflections out of them and the glare down, sorry.

7 1/8" total
2 7/8" blade, came out a little longer than first, oh well I only say close...lol.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a very busy and productive weekend, I'm taking next week end off to go dove hunting, so I needed to knock a few out. Sorry about the pics but I am still haveing problems with my camera I guess it's time for a new one.

stabilized black ash burl, cmp 154cm stainless, 7" total, blade 2 3/4"

stabilized California Buckeye, cmp 154cm, 7" total, blade 2 3/4"

black and gray g10 handle, 7 1/4" total, 3" blade, cmp 1543cm stainless

last but not least a simple hunter made from 3/16" stock thickness 1095, full flat grind down to .015'' before heat treatment, thats about as thin as I can go without getting waves in the edge. Made this one a little softer than usual target hardness was 58/59 hrc. Handle is self gathered black walnut from the good old Arbuckle mountiand here in Oklahoma with nickel silver bolster and pins. Tapered tang on this one, no file work as I couldn't bear to do another.

Latest posts

Top Bottom