S&W 65-3 Square Butt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my pop gave me his 65-3. I'm hunting around for information on value, reputation, ect. I took the square grips off and put the hogues on for a better fit. Cylinder is nice and tight, bore is spotless, brushed stainless. I don't know anything about 'em, never had anything other than Ruger wheelguns.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, it's a stainless steel model 13, which is basically a model 10 chambered for the .357 Magnum cartridge.

Smith & Wesson made a million of 'em and they are one of my very favorites. They are tough as nails and usually as accurate as you are. They are dubbed the "Military & Police" models due to their fixed sights and unshrouded ejector rods.

$$$ value is probably around 300 bucks, but since your dad gave it to you, I would think you consider it worth a helluva lot more...right?

I know my dad's Victory model is worth about $150 to an everyday Joe, but to me...it's priceless! :thumb:

Shooter00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys...It will never be for sale, just need to update the insurance policies. I haven't shot it much, it stays ready in the safe if I ever need to pull one from in there.

It's awesome to have some of his history, no matter what the value. He also gave me a .303 Brit he grew up hunting moose and deer with in Canada. Nothing pretty, but they all have a story.

Now I'm trying to talk him out of his nylon .22... :rubhands:

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my pop gave me his 65-3. I'm hunting around for information on value, reputation, ect. I took the square grips off and put the hogues on for a better fit. Cylinder is nice and tight, bore is spotless, brushed stainless. I don't know anything about 'em, never had anything other than Ruger wheelguns.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!

We are going to need some PICTURES!

BC

Latest posts

Top Bottom