SAA Goodness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai220.photobucket.com_albums_dd98_sumoj275_c6538989.jpg

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now this is what I am talking about. Just ordered an uberti 4.75" on Saturday and literally chomping at the bit to get to shoot it.

Very nice Single Action!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Be careful, very careful!! Those are more addicting than crack!!! Next you'll wan't a 4-1/2", and a 1873 to go along with it. Then you'll start turning your nose up at anything made of plastic!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a USFA SAA, black powder frame, pinched sights, target bullseye rod, real Ivory grips, Doug Turnbull color case hardened, the real caliber .45 Colt.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be a 45 Colt junkie. lpd4570 is right. It will get ahold of you in a bad way. Now I just have one. I used to have nine. Stay in control. Learn to recognize the signs.

Nice gun, btw. Now get some dies, and a press if you don't have one. I like 7.5 grains of Unique, with a 250 grain, hard cast bullet. It will give you the velocity that thing was made to shoot when it was a BP cartridge. You should be able to get it as hot as 9 grains. If you want to speed it up, a 200 grain bullet makes a big difference. Saves a ton of money, better accuracy, and fun too.

Party on, cowboy!

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC the box cme from Midway Sales. The ammo is my own rolled with a CCI primer, various brass, and a dose of powder (load is in the book and I don't want to guess it). The bullet is flying about 800 +, but not a lot over 800.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC the box cme from Midway Sales. The ammo is my own rolled with a CCI primer, various brass, and a dose of powder (load is in the book and I don't want to guess it). The bullet is flying about 800 +, but not a lot over 800.

When I get mine in, we need to organize some sort of "Old west" shoot. SAAs, converted Army and Navy guns, and some lever actions. Maybe have some Bar B Que!

Latest posts

Top Bottom