Saiga Conversion Finally Done...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z c o m

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parts from CSS arrived today. I quickly gutted the internals and got to work. It was alot easier to move the trigger group forward and install the Tromix trigger set and guard, then I thought it was gonna be. I'm very happy with the final results.

All thats left is to get some 12/20rnd ammo drums, and an eotech/aimpoint :rubhands:

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok...you owe me a new keyboard now. Mine has drool all over it. :)

That is a beautiful weapon. I had the privilege of shooting one once. Love 'em!

Perhaps some day I too can be a proud owner.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna ask a stupid question...what's the reason for people 'converting' Saigas?

Why not just buy an AK-style rifle with the configuration you want to begin with, rather than buying something that is 'almost' what you want and having to spend time, money, and effort to 'convert' it into what you wanted in the first place?

Don't get me wrong -- cool rifle and all, and very nice work. I just don't get the reason for going this route.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna ask a stupid question...what's the reason for people 'converting' Saigas?

Why not just buy an AK-style rifle with the configuration you want to begin with, rather than buying something that is 'almost' what you want and having to spend time, money, and effort to 'convert' it into what you wanted in the first place?

Don't get me wrong -- cool rifle and all, and very nice work. I just don't get the reason for going this route.

That's a shotgun. Converted Saiga shotguns run around $1000+ which makes them much cheaper to convert yourself.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well this is the reason. When people are converting these saiga shotguns, they realy are bringing them to what they are suppose to look like for the most part. They are inported in the configuration that you see because of inport restrictions. The ones that people convert look pretty much like the ones that the russian spetznas use. Close but not exact.

So when people convert them they are making them look how they are suppose to and not like the nutered inport variants that we are more familiar with. Kinda like pre ban AK vrs a post ban AK. One looks right and the others look.... Well..... Wrong

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What they said. My Saiga-12 shotgun came with the import configuration: Monte Carlo stock, repositioned trigger group, etc. I had the shotgun put through the Tromix treatment, and it looks MUCH better.

Like Zcom's final product - good job, man! :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom