Salvaging weapons and vehicles on WW2 battlefields

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting video from Mark Felton.
(Mostly about vehicles and recycled aluminum for mess tins; some info on weapons - I sure hope they remembered to use replacement parts from the same manufacturer to keep collectors happy [sarcasm].)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting post!
I just watched a documentary today about a WWII B-29 pilot who was shot down and bailed out.
He spent 6 months evading the Germans, finally reaching US ambassadors in Switzerland.
His journey was amazing.
After his death his children went to the field where the plane crashed.
A local farmer and kids had an amazing collection of artifacts recovered from the crash including a pocket knife the pilot gave to some kids to learn where the Germans might be coming from so he could go the other way.
I think it was on Amazon Prime videos but can’t swear to it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting post!
I just watched a documentary today about a WWII B-29 pilot who was shot down and bailed out.
He spent 6 months evading the Germans, finally reaching US ambassadors in Switzerland.
His journey was amazing.
After his death his children went to the field where the plane crashed.
A local farmer and kids had an amazing collection of artifacts recovered from the crash including a pocket knife the pilot gave to some kids to learn where the Germans might be coming from so he could go the other way.
I think it was on Amazon Prime videos but can’t swear to it.
I thought all the B-29's were in the Pacific Theater?

The interesting part I saw in that entire video was the stamping of the guns right at the very end of the video. I never even supposed they had jigs that held the guns in place with fixed cartouches they whacked with hammers. I had always supposed they had hand held dies and hammers due to most of the inconsistent placement of all the stamps I've seen. Fascinating!

Latest posts

Top Bottom