Sample letter to my bank about gun buster signs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on what premise? Previous case examples please.

Maybe you guys should just stick to the drive through where it's safe.

If the bank wanted to, they could file charges against him for trespassing.

The opposing attorney could hammer home the fact to a jury that he was carrying in a business that forbid it, and was some kind of a "renegade" looking for trouble.

As I mentioned before, my conceal carry is a large pistol, and could be spotted even if under my shirt, and a possible "trespassing" charge be filed against me.

Ultimately, a bank is private property, and you have to respect the wishes of a private business.

I don't have to use a drive in window, by the way, as I use BOK and they don't post signs.

We were discussing his situation, not mine.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the bank wanted to, they could file charges against him for trespassing.

The opposing attorney could hammer home the fact to a jury that he was carrying in a business that forbid it, and was some kind of a "renegade" looking for trouble.

As I mentioned before, my conceal carry is a large pistol, and could be spotted even if under my shirt, and a possible "trespassing" charge be filed against me.

Ultimately, a bank is private property, and you have to respect the wishes of a private business.

More conjecture and hypothetical. Has this ever happened? Once?

And yes we were discussing his situation, in which he said conceal carry was ok with his bank's officers.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

And yes we were discussing his situation, in which he said conceal carry was ok with his bank's officers.

What's say you take time to look it up, since you don't seem to have a grasp of what lengths an attorney will go through to paint the good guy as a bad guy.

Will the opposing attorney try to paint him in a bad light?
Yes.

Have I encountered this in a lawsuit in which I was the victim?
Yes.

He would be carrying in a place that he was not supposed to, and the opposing attorney will be hammering on that point.
That's the way it works.

You're of the opinion it's okay to carry in a business that doesn't allow it.

Last edited:

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I wrote:

To Whom It May Concern.

I’ve been a customer of Advantage bank for many years and you guys didn’t have any gun signs posted before the Open Carry law passed. I understand that some customers or employees will feel uncomfortable with firearms carried openly in the bank. I am a Carry Concealed License holder (now it’s just Handgun License) I carry concealed for various reasons, and have been in the past before the signs at the bank with obviously no issues.

I am a business owner and manager and carry a lot of cash on me. Right now I respect your business decision to post the signs – so I have to disarm in the car, walking into the bank unarmed and leaving my handgun unattended in the parking lot; and I have a problem with both.

If at all possible – can you change the signs to “Please No Open Carry” instead of blanket prohibition? I’ve seen this done at Arvest Bank, Warren Theater etc. – this way I can keep my legal protection and you can continue your business as normal.

With all due respect and regards:

A. M.
ABEL Racing, President.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Do you have any experience with insurance companies?
When they pay to cover the medical costs of an individual they now look for all possible legal means to recover that cost by going after anyone that they can make a case of liability against.

I had shoulder surgery, months later my employer's insurance company Cigna had a company follow up with me to see if I was involved in an accident or if anyone injured my shoulder such that they could recover the medical costs.

My mother was attacked by a pit bull owned by a neighbor, Blue Cross hired a company to find a way to recover the cost from the neighbors.

If you waive your civil immunity under the sda then discharge your weapon, you are exposed to an insurance company suing you to recover the medical expenses they paid to cover the injured person you shot. Even if you win, you'll be forced to spend 5 figures t hire a lawyer to defend you, if you do not hire a lawyer and go pro se they'll likely destroy you unless you are a lawyer yourself.
Even if you get to recover your legal costs YEARS down the road, you'll discover the difference between being awarded lawyers fees and costs in court and collecting them. That's assuming they do not appeal and drag it out for another four, five or seven years.
During this time you have to keep paying for your defense or you lose.

If you become the test case to prove you should have the right to carry anywhere regardless of other laws because the 2A guarantees your right, let me know and I'll toss a couple of 20 dollar bills into your defense fund.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hit by a truck driver who had marijuana in his bloodstream, had served prison time for armed robbery, had a history of reckless driving as long as my arm.

My record is spotless.

Although I won my case, the guy's attorney spent some time trying to find a way to see if I could have done a better job avoiding being hit by his client.

Latest posts

Top Bottom