Sarah McKinley(Blanchard shooting) on Dr. Phil Show today.(transcript--1-19-12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I caught the show this morning(1-19-12). Dr. Phil was totally on Sarah McKinley's side. He also said that he had told(in the past) his wife and children to do the same thing if they were ever in the same situation as Sarah McKinley. If you will remember, Dr. Phil was raised in Texas and I guess you can't take the Texan mindest about defending yourself & family out of Dr. Phil.

Link To Dr. Phil Show Transcript:

http://drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/6690/?id=6690&showID=1770

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone catch the news tonight on CBS? They mentioned something about a twist in the story, but i missed it..

I checked the KWTV and CBS Evening News websites and I also Googled it. I have got nada results so far. BTW, Dr. Phil was born in Vinita,OK and parents moved to Texas(his dad work in the oilfield).

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone catch the news tonight on CBS? They mentioned something about a twist in the story, but i missed it..

I wonder why Stuart is out on bail when charged under the Felony Murder Rule. I wonder why he says Martin wanted to burglarize the residence to feed his presecription drug addicition, when Ms. McKinley says her house was burglarized, "But she says nothing was taken, no money or drugs. “If they wanted my pills, they could’ve gotten them then,” she says. (Dr. Phil interview page 3 of 4) If he was an addict, why didn't he take the pills?

40 year age difference in the marriage.

Whatever the case, it's a sad deal. Hope there is not "more to the story."

Oklahoma Mom Responds to Rumors About Relationship with Victim
Updated: Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 7:41 AM EST
Published : Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 7:41 AM EST

(NewsCore) - An Oklahoma teen mother who shot a home intruder dead was forced to respond to internet rumors that she had an intimate relationship with the victim and that he may have fathered her child.

Sarah McKinley, 18, was home alone with her three-month-old son in Blanchard, Okla., when two men began trying to force their way through her front door on New Year's Eve.

McKinley, who already had faced the ordeal of being widowed on Christmas Day, barricaded herself in using a sofa and shot 24-year-old Justin Martin, who was armed with a knife, after being told by a 911 operator, "Do whatever you can do to protect yourself."

But the young mom now has been forced to defend herself against online rumors that claim she is not an innocent widower -- and actually had a relationship with Martin while her husband was alive.

"I do not know Justin," she told local TV station KFOR. "I've seen him maybe three times before and for short encounters. I can prove who my son's father is, if I need to do that. I can get a DNA test or take a lie detector test."

She showed TV crews her three-month-old son's birth certificate, which shows her late husband, Kenny McKinley, who died at the age of 58 from lung cancer, listed as the father.

"This is a national story, and people will say things and have an opinion," she said. "I understand that. A lot of it is from his [Martin's] family and friends, and of course they are going to stick up for him."

Martin's accomplice, 29-year-old Dustin Stewart, turned himself in to authorities last week and was charged with first-degree murder in relation to his friend's death.

He said Martin initially went to McKinley's house on the day of her husband's funeral, claiming to be a friendly neighbor, but left when he saw that she had company. They then returned on New Year's Eve to burglarize the residence so Martin could feed his addiction to prescription medication.
Grady County sheriff Art Kell said McKinley will not face charges, as she acted in self-defense.

McKinley said she does not feel good about Martin's death -- but would do it again if she had to, to protect her son.

Read more: KFOR

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/ne...ors-dpgonc-20120111-fc_16970867#ixzz1jyLDC6GV

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When My guns were stolen several years ago by a relative on meth while on vacation, he came back the next day after the crime was reported while we were at work. The Sheriff Deputy got prints the second time. Can we say still in the can?

Latest posts

Top Bottom