Savage 93v17 hmr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cueball.tech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picking up a hmr this week. Savage with accutrigger. Synthetic stock model as I want a boyd stock eventually... Any box have any experiences with this gun good or bad? Got the rifle new for $253. Scope recommendations? uploadfromtaptalk1391613670643.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have the stainless version. Put a Simmons White Tail Classic scope on it. Prairie Dogs are dead anywhwere from 0-125 yards. Love this gun so much. I just want a magazine with a larger capacity.

Swine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
love the 17hmr round. First rifle was the savage, found it to feel cheaply built, loose clip, loose bolt. Despite its short comings on how it felt, it was a very accurate rifle. Was able to hit targets at 200yards consistently, tight groups when the Oklahoma wind wasn't howling

Got a Henry varmint express. I love me a lever action. All I can say is for whatever reason, I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with this rifle. difficult to get any groupings even at 100 yards. Could never figure out why I was so inconsistent with this rifle, SOLD IT.

Got my hands on a Ruger 77/17, solid rifle felt good, good groups, little expensive for what it does but don't have anything bad to say.

I was waiting on the new CZ 455 in 17 hmr, had one on order but they never got tooled and shipped the the USA for 2013. I was pissed, but got my deposit back after waiting 9 months to get nothing.

Next on my list is the Browning T-bolt... little hard to find around here but I might find one online before spring.

Overall, you can't go wrong with that savage, for the cost and accuracy, feel good about your purchase, its a performer.