Save $670 on rear tine tiller at Home Depot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
How can they sell these at such a huge discount? Are they normally around $180-200 and HD just makes up a fake discount to entice prospective buyers to take the plunge?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
180   0   0
Good luck if you have to break ground on hard clay. I rented the big Honda one at HD and the ground just laughed at it, like "what are you going to with that, fool?" It was a beast of a tiller too. How anyone thinks a rear tine tiller that doesn't have counter rotating tines is a good thing is beyond me. :nolike:

These will probably work good in regular soft dirt, but in hard clay you need a tractor. A big one!

These two when matted up makes clay scream in pain! It’s called a Rotory Plow. Pure badass in a garden.

IMG_4702.jpegIMG_7541.png

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
out of stock

I ended up buying this one . . . I figure the Briggs and Stratton engine alone was worth it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/YARD-FORCE-20-in-208-cc-Gas-Rear-Tine-Tiller-YF20-RTT/317028676

Also too

These went a lot quicker than the first one that was posted a week or so ago.

Must be fantastic deals.

I was going to get one, but I don't really need one. I've got a 40 year old Troy Bilt Pony that still starts on the first pull.

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
How can they sell these at such a huge discount? Are they normally around $180-200 and HD just makes up a fake discount to entice prospective buyers to take the plunge?
Good question. My brother bought the 19in Champion and told me most of the used ones that he had been looking at were as much or more than what he paid for the new one.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
out of stock

Also too

These went a lot quicker than the first one that was posted a week or so ago.

Must be fantastic deals.

I was going to get one, but I don't really need one. I've got a 40 year old Troy Bilt Pony that still starts on the first pull.
The new Troy Bilt (the big one not their cheaper options) is ~$3400. And I’m positive your old one is built better than the new version is.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The new Troy Bilt (the big one not their cheaper options) is ~$3400. And I’m positive your old one is built better than the new version is.

It's got a key start, but I never use it cause the battery is dead and has been for 30 years. I leave it on there though, cause it won't start or run without the cables hooked up, even to a dead battery. The last time I put a new battery on it, it fired up on the first bump of the key. Key is left in run position, or it won't pull start either.

It is a beast. It's hell finding tires for it though. I finally took them to a guy up in OKC on west 10th and he had tubes to fit it. The tires just finally gave out around the beads, and they are not available, anywhere.

I wish the Briggs on that new Ferris of mine was as good as the one on that old ass tiller. Probably be the last mower I buy, but if it isn't it will be the last one with a Briggs on it. My 10 yo Dixon with the Kawasaki on it starts quick, quick and sometimes without choking it. You have to nurse that Briggs to life, and I've had it looked at. It's just cold-natured and doesn't want to start. Takes several cranks and full choke. It's a year old, so it ain't a big deal yet. When it's 10 years old I'll probably break a toe kicking it.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It's got a key start, but I never use it cause the battery is dead and has been for 30 years. I leave it on there though, cause it won't start or run without the cables hooked up, even to a dead battery. The last time I put a new battery on it, it fired up on the first bump of the key. Key is left in run position, or it won't pull start either.

It is a beast. It's hell finding tires for it though. I finally took them to a guy up in OKC on west 10th and he had tubes to fit it. The tires just finally gave out around the beads, and they are not available, anywhere.

I wish the Briggs on that new Ferris of mine was as good as the one on that old ass tiller. Probably be the last mower I buy, but if it isn't it will be the last one with a Briggs on it. My 10 yo Dixon with the Kawasaki on it starts quick, quick and sometimes without choking it. You have to nurse that Briggs to life, and I've had it looked at. It's just cold-natured and doesn't want to start. Takes several cranks and full choke. It's a year old, so it ain't a big deal yet. When it's 10 years old I'll probably break a toe kicking it.
I’ve got a Kawasaki motor on my John Deere zero turn but they make a Honda retrofit that I will do if I ever need to replace it.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I’ve got a Kawasaki motor on my John Deere zero turn but they make a Honda retrofit that I will do if I ever need to replace it.

You don't like the Kawasaki?

I don't remember what kind of lawn tractor I had before I bought the Dixon but it had a Kawasaki 18 twin on it, and the mower wore out before that engine did. Long time before.

I think it was an MTD, but I don't remember. I gave it to my kid so he and his worthless roommates could mow the lawn at their house in Stillwater. Everyone graduated or moved into apartments so my tractor got sold in a garage sale for beer money. Little bastards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom