Say WHAT?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can understand that. My wife has Type 2 and has had all the associated health issues with it. She goes to the doc every 4 months and is on several medications. One of the benefits of working for Cox is their insurance, its better than most government plans (but still not as good as congress even though I work 3 times as much as they do). Without that insurance her medication would be almost a good grand a month. I only have two more years to hit pension and might find a new job after that (my goal is to have two pensions going when I hit 65) but I won't take a job that has crap insurance just for this reason.

If you or anyone else needs a prescription other than an opioid, that is extremely expensive, I'd suggest Mexico. During our winter in Mercedes Tx, we crossed the border in Nuevo Progreso several times.
There are several trusted pharmacy's, dental offices, and medical offices that the thousands of winter texans trust. They have been trained in US Universities and their credentials can be checked online. Cash only for the most part, but some will bill US insurance.
Hundreds of American citizens cross that border every day for medical, dental or scripts.
A buddy from Chicago has a $6K a year script and his insurance only pays less than half. He got the same drug for $800 in Mexico. Paid for his trip and the two weeks he spent with us and our friends.
There are thousands of US citizens a day on different borders that take advantage of those low prices. A dental implant in the US might run $5K per tooth I've heard. They are Less than a grand in Progresso with dental clinics that sport equipment equal to or better than their cohorts in the US.

So this info brings up the discussion of why is it so cheap there and so expensive here? Why isn't the VA allowed to negotiate drug prices for veterans to bring health care cost down?
Why is dental care so expensive in the US?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Told her I was gonna have to trade her in on an older model that wasn't so expensive. She told me she was gonna trade me in on a younger model that was still working and had insurance through the employer!
I can't win....:crying:
That's why guns are better than women. You can trade a 44 in for two 22's, and no one gets all upset. :pms2:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I turned 40, I told my wife, "Now that I've hit mid-life crisis, we either have to buy a sports car, or I have to have an affair."

My logic was, ask for something I probably wouldn't get, with the alternative of something I DEFINITELY wouldn't get, and MAYBE I could buy a sports car.

She just replied...."We can't afford a sports car. And YOU can't afford an affair."

End of conversation...

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we have actually never seen osama's birth certificate, we have the disputed certificate of live birth only. they are not the same document, the certificate of live birth is useless for ID purposes.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t forget what could be a HUGE clue into the Whole Trump-Russian collusion deal:
Obama’s “more flexibility after the 2012 election” caught on a hot mic during a televised event with then-Russian President Medvedev.

Cash for Clunkers.

VA Admissions (ala ‘deadly waiting list) of 2014.

Hunter Biden and his China deals.

Vistria(friends of Obama) and their significantly reduced acquisitions of groups after he ordered the FTC to investigate.

The ‘Detroit Auto Bailout’ and loans that may or may not have been repaid. But news articles were published saying that they were. Many skeptics dispute this claim.

And the list goes on. Y’all caught a fair chunk too, thanks! Perhaps I’ll post more this afternoon. Lord knows there’s no shortage.

I can't wait for Creepy Uncle Joe to win the primary, so we can trot out Hunter's Ukraine dealings.

While those "career professional" DoJ and FBI peeps were reopening previously closed investigations into Manafort's dealings, they were actively discouraging Ukrainian officials from continuing an investigation into Biden's. Funny how that works...

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/...-ukraine-joe-biden-son-hunter-biden-ties.html

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't Obamacare the panacea to everything and was supposed to provide inexpensive health coverage to EVERYONE? If that is the case, why are they trying to get Medicare for all?? The doesn't make sense but these days little does make sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom