School officials deeply troubled over guns appearing ON SIGNS BANNING GUNS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Some school officials aren’t happy about the stickers because they contain a very basic image of a gun. "

HOLYCRAP.

Other than that...i just don't have the words............................

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And some are not happy because they support guns and shooting, and hunting. They have to listen daily to remarks by people both in the state and from other places complaining about the job they do.It is tough being a teacher or and administrator under those conditions. Finding teaching job that pays that good of money is not found in the southern states that value guns more than teachers. So give them a break guys. I taught here for 25 years and watched from a time I could bring a black powder rifle to school and teach my students about rate of fire in the continental army to where, if I mentioned how the rifles worked I got a reprimand. That was here in Oklahoma! It made me sick to watch it happen. But many other values were lost also. Like respect of the teachers and the job they did. yopu work 9 months, get paid for 9 but can spread it over 12. Then be required to go to school many summers and pay for it out of a 9 month salary. I got there every morning by 7 am. , had a 30 minute lunch break mostly with children. Who I'm sure you know sat quietly and let me grade papers. NOT! Left at 4. Went home and graded math papers and four other subjects of papers given every day until 10 or 11 most days a week. If it were not for watching the children learn, it just would not have been worth it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built sporterized rifle stock for Dad's '03 Springfield .30-06 in Jr. High shop class way back in the dark ages of 1970. Betting THAT wouldn't/couldn't now.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck...we went to high school with shotguns in gun racks in the back windows of trucks. I don't remember anyone EVER getting shot or anyone shooting in one of my schools.

I could wear "pro gun" shirts and have a bible with me too without getting thrown in prison.

Things that make ya go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And in elementary school....noone was ever killed with a pop tart, or from playing good guys and bad guys out in the school yard!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom