Scientists may have invented the lightsaber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In the books it had to do with the angles of the focusing crystals, it's been awhile since I read them

yup!! An ancient Sith Lord by the name of Exar Kun crafted one that had an extra crystal in it, that allowed him to control both blade length and intensity. It could range from a long dagger to a claymore.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
15 years from now when you make your kids watch star wars with you they are gonna say. This movie is so retarded that ain't even the sound a light saber makes.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How would the path of the photons be terminated, though? Unless the "lightsaber" had some sort of cap or other mechanical frame that extended the desired length of the photon pathway, I'm envisioning a lightsaber with a beam that extends... oh, hundreds or thousands of feet before the photons scatter sufficiently that they're no longer visible with the naked eye.

Kind of like - a flashlight in the fog.

I do believe that using the method described, you could stop the beam at whatever distance you wanted. The physics is there, you just have to be able to manipulate the energy. Light can be bent, I am sure it can be stopped abruptly, especially when it is being manipulated with other particles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom