Scope recommendations for .22-250

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a NIB Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .22-250 for a good . Looking for recommendations for glass. Going to have to save up some funds but I'm thinking the $500-$700 range. Probably be mainly a yote rifle and would like to plan a prairie dog trip up north for next year. What should I be looking for?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vortex are nice have several options in your budget. Also look at Nikon or zeiss. Depends on how much you'll use it and features desired. I like a 3.5-10 x magnification range myself for most everything. Have consistently made hits to 1k with a 10x scope. Bought a 32x fixed benchrest scope for shooting pdawgs and learned it's way to much magnification. The older burris signature series offer a lot of bang for you're buck as well. Check eBay. Sometimes deals can be found on them. The zeiss conquest can also be found in your budget.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4-16x or 6-24. All depends on your eyes and the type of terrain you will be playing in. Guessing for the Dogs you will want to go 6-24x

Vortex PST or HS-T or HS-LR lines would be worth a strong look.

Beyond that……..other optics are bloated in price vs quality. Maybe a Bushy Elite or the older 4500 or 6500.??? Just get a much better pkg from Vortex with a lifetime VIP warranty = NO BS on any issue

Latest posts

Top Bottom