scored a free vacuum food sealer & got beat up by an asian pear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Score!! free food sealer and loads of bags. so far I've sealed a handful of french fries. IDK what else to do beside meat when I butcher chickens. :scratch:

PSA- DO NOT look up when you're shaking pears out of a tall tree. :teach::doh:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the best way to gather pears or any other fruit out of tall trees is with one of the baskets on a stick cause when they fall and hit the ground it bruises them and they wont keep to long unless u are going to consume them pretty quickly.
And yeah learned as a kid not to stand under a pear tree we use to have some that was as big as a softball and when they fell it smarted pretty good no matter where they hit.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can use it to seal the bags for chips among other things to make them last a little longer. Mine has a seal only function so if we have a salad we squeeze as much air out as possible and then seal it. Makes it last at least a few days longer. If you can find the jar attachment (have one, love it) and get some wide mouth mason jars you can seal other stuff in them that would normally be ruined in a bag. The jars also work good for speed marinating things, drop in the marinade and meat and vacuum the air out of the jar then pop it in the fridge for an hour or longer. There were also some canister sets that had a push button for releasing the seal that work good for flour, sugar, etc. Use the jar sealer and remove the air from the canister.

It's also not bad for some other things, can toss spare ammo you want to keep long term and seal it in the bags along with some first aid supplies, etc. And if you really want to mess with someone seal their stuff in a bag with a brick and drop it in the pool and let them go diving for it in the middle of winter.

DREW42

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my foodsaver- I use it for everything it seems. With I am putting up meat I freeze for a little bit before I finish vacuuming down and sealing

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want to get one of those jar sealers for sealing up pecans. I have a boatload of pecans that need to be picked out. Id like to seal them in the jars. I geuss I could just freeze them.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got popped right in the mouth!

Did your lips look like this for a while?

www.laineygossip.com_Content_images_articles_stallone_20shouts_2017aug12_2004.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom