second presidential debate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now we can (but won't) spend hours listening to talking heads tell us what we heard. But, I'm pretty sure I didn't hear much of anything. Trump dropped the ball on the Supreme Court question. Probably the most important issue in this election.
How did he drop the ball? Said he was looking for someone in the mold of Scalia.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did he drop the ball? Said he was looking for someone in the mold of Scalia.

Then began talking about something else rather than pointing out what a non Scalia appointment would look like. You're probably right, but it's probably that I see the scotus appointment as the single most important issue for the next president.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trump owned her on the Syrian refugee situation.
Her comment that her administration would vett the refugees "as well as they possibly could" leaves open if they could be vetted at all, but it doesn't matter if the could or not as long as they met her criteria of "as well as we possibly can". Send em in!

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was more assertiveness from Trump than I had anticipated.

Every time he went for her throat she put on a big smile. As if to show that she is above his petty untruths. The first smile came right after he talked about her defending the rapist of a 12 year old and then laughing about knowing that he was gulity. Trump missed a golden opportunity with that first big smile. He should have have asked if she was smiling because she still thinks it was funny.

Hillary said she will help those coal miners whose jobs Obama took away...... How? By letting them eat cake?

She said that Donald is a bad person because he used Chinese steel in his buildings. ....Ho hum

She thinks the Senate is derelict by not confirming Obama's supreme court nominee. ..... Zero points for that and many of her other insipid assertions.

At the end they had a nice little exchange of compliments to show that they are each good people....No, not at all.

I think she was probably correct when she said she was talking about Lincoln in that recently Wiki-leaked document. The irony is that people are not believing her when she tells the truth about something. She is damaged goods in the truth-telling department.

I see no way to tell what impact these debates will have on the election.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hillary Clinton wants to do away with the "gun show loophole" and the "online loophole" for selling guns. Any other myths she wants to do away with? Maybe the myth "you can keep your doctor" or you "can spend your way out of debt" she can do away with too?

Latest posts

Top Bottom