Secret Service Revolver Grips by: Eagle Grips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdalover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just received my third set of Secret Service Grips from Eagle Grips. I thought i would give a little review for anyone in the revolver grip market. First a bit of info about the grips. They are boot cut, rosewood, checkered and fingergroved. They are very compact and the backstrap is exposed. They are extremely low profile and will not snag clothing whether under a shirt or during presentation from a pocket holster. Although they are compact, you still get ample grip with the finger groves and the checkering. The grips are about 89 dollars and definitely worth it. They do not keep them in stock. They are made to order and usually arrive in about 7 to 10 days from ordering them.

The need for new grips came about with my J frame 640 and using it in a pocket holster. I originally got the gun used with rubber hogue grips and they were shooting but the rubber grips stuck to my shirt if i wore it on the waist. It was also not as smooth coming out of a pocket holster.

I decided i needed to make a compromise between concealment and presentation vs. comfort of shooting hot rounds of 357. I hit up the wannemacher show and bought about 6 different grips. I brought the gun with me and some of the vendors were kind enough to let me put them on the gun to try before I buy.

Many of the grips i bought were satisfactory but left me still craving the perfect compromise i was seeking. After countless online searches and google images i decided to give the Secret Service Grips a try. I saw that S&W Performance center revolvers were starting to come equipped with these grips. So I figured they must be good. I placed my online order and was extremely impressed when they arrived. They work great with speed loaders and conceal quite well. I can also get a good enough grip with my meaty paws to manage hot rounds of 357 with a j frame.

I liked them so well i ordered some for my 8 shot nightguard N frame snubby in 357, and just today got some for my nickel plated model 13 3" K frame 357.

It's been more than a year since my first set of eagle grips and they're in just as good of shape and I'm just as impressed as the first day i got them.

Just thought I'd share. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,
Bobby
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
ai862.photobucket.com_albums_ab182_sdalover_IMG_0672.jpg

ai862.photobucket.com_albums_ab182_sdalover_IMG_0673.jpg

[Broken External Image]

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, those are the best. They fill out the area in front of the backstrap like a t-grip does but don't enlarge the overall footprint of the gun. The backstrap back and bottom of grip frame is exposed. They also have a nice palm swell.

That 3" model 13 is a fine gun. You have impeccable taste.

Liking those IHL speedlstrip pouches too. Blue press (Dillon catalog) sells those and they clip nicely around the belt. That is a package for carry right there.

sdalover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Rolando. Yes they are all great carry setups. And yes those are IHL speedstrips. Keen eye to pick up on that. I ordered them directly from IHL. I've been happy with them. Simply Rugged also makes some pretty good ones but they only have them in one color and only for 6 rounds max. I discovered IHL when i needed a speedstrip pouch for 8 rounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom