Securing an RV spot a Murray for the 4th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, lake Murray doesn't do reservations but we'd like to bring the RV down for 4th of July weekend and snag a nice spot with water and power, have the fam out to goof off on the lake etc..

so for those of you in the know about how crowded Murray and the campgrounds are, what are the chances of being able to come down that Friday and snag a spot during the 4th weekend? We'd stay Friday, Sat and Sun then head back to OKC on Monday.

This will most likely be the last 4th we spend in the lower 48, so we'd sure like to spend it at the lake with all of our family.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
victor, murray is about the only lake we go to. it's gotten pretty bad over the last five years or so. i sometimes go down on a tues just to get a tent spot for the weekend. set up a pup tent and pay,pay,pay. for the 4th you will need to be there at least a week in advance and maybe more to be safe. good luck!

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
victor, murray is about the only lake we go to. it's gotten pretty bad over the last five years or so. i sometimes go down on a tues just to get a tent spot for the weekend. set up a pup tent and pay,pay,pay. for the 4th you will need to be there at least a week in advance and maybe more to be safe. good luck!
agreed...I'd try to get a spot a week in advance

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Dang it Darren, I was worried someone would say that. SHOOT!

Latest posts

Top Bottom