Seen the new XD(M) Competition Series?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We received word this AM Springfield is sending us an XDM 5.25 to rent at the range. We should have it up and running sometime next week. They haven't even shipped any to distributors yet, so don't ask me when we will have one for sale. :scratch:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was disappointed. I just don't see the market for a pimped out competition gun like that. I know they are a lot of competitors out there, but I bet Ruger sells more LC9s than Springfield does XDm 525s.

It just seems to be a very specific part of the market to target. I would think a single stack 9, similar to the PPS which is a bit more "Tactical" than the other slim 9s, would be a big hit.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold Springfield short. They called this morning, the gun hit the dock at noon. I've got it on my rent rack right now for anyone that wants to fondle it.

I just ran 25 rounds through it. I can tell it is more accurate than my eyes are.:rotflmao:

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the lightening cut out in the top of the slide, other than that it doesn't seem to offer much over the standard models. I think a high end carbon fiber slide would go a long way in weight reduction.