Selco's Blog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Guys n gals I cant reccomend this enough. This link is the first page to Selco's blog. I was on Survivalist board when this guy first posted as a newbie. Its really an amazing story of surviving a real SHTF situation.

His english is broken but his writing style is good. He pulls no punches. http://shtfschool.com/page/36/

Bookmark and start reading. Nothing regarding Prepping/Survivalist has influenced more. So after reading this blog, come back and argue with me. I bet itll change your ideas about hot to prep.

Enjoy

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I was there in 95 and remember gang painting with "wildboyz" gang painted all over the buildings in some areas. And I agree completely with his comments on those trying to go it alone. The only way to survive a real long term, wide spread scenario is by pulling together into a community where everyone can depend in the skills of those around them and people have the bandwidth to focus in what they are really good at (farmers/gardens produce, makers make, etc). Great find Lurker.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started reading this mornin n now all i wanna do is eat mres and where my tinfoil hat n hide in my closet

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I started reading this mornin n now all i wanna do is eat mres and where my tinfoil hat n hide in my closet

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thats funny. When he first came online, I was ready to get offline an off grid.

Ive exchanged a couple of emails with him esrly on. My questions centered around survival cooking. They ate something they called a pancake. Was kinda a flatbread mixed with "regular grass". They also had this stuff he called "marmalade". Anything with a hint of sweetness, reduced and syrupy. Said one time they shared a pigeon amoungst 12 ppl. They ate everything cept feathers and made soup from them. A steel plate passed for a griddle and a pot was passed around....no bowls no silverware. A cup was cherished. Any spices were traded for flour or meal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom