Self checkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was at Lowe's McAlester today with a shopping cart and flat cart loaded up. We get to the front and only self checkout are open. I guess they don't have checkers anymore.

I don't know if they had anyone down at the lumber end or if it was self checkout there too. There was one employee standing watching the 4 checkouts.

On another note , they have all the Romex wire locked up . They had some up above the cage doors on top shelf. Unattended ladder platform right in the same aisle.

So I push it over to the wiring and help myself to the top shelf. Was a lot easier than trying to find someone with the key.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was at Lowe's McAlester today with a shopping cart and flat cart loaded up. We get to the front and only self checkout are open. I guess they don't have checkers anymore.

I don't know if they had anyone down at the lumber end or if it was self checkout there too. There was one employee standing watching the 4 checkouts.

On another note , they have all the Romex wire locked up . They had some up above the cage doors on top shelf. Unattended ladder platform right in the same aisle.

So I push it over to the wiring and help myself to the top shelf. Was a lot easier than trying to find someone with the key.
When I was a child, 3 or 4, I remember sitting in the shopping cart and my mom was pushing me. In the produce isle I reached out and grabbed a green grape and ate it. My mother stopped and scolded me for stealing something that wasn’t mine and that I didn’t pay for. Now, to this day I think “it was just a grape” and I was basically a toddler. However, I also think about how good it was that my mother castigated (I use big words now) for something that truly was morally wrong.

With all of that being said, the romex, power tools, etc etc should not be locked up. What should be locked up are the Jack wagons who steal from these places as well as the parents of these criminals for not doing their dang job when their thieving spawn was a child. I don’t care if the cash register is left open and money is left out in the open. YOU DONT TAKE IT!!!!!

I’ll conclude my tangent by saying that stuff in lowes or HD shouldn’t be locked up and us law abiding, paying customers shouldn’t have to wait around for someone to come unlock them. Those personnel should be manning the check stands and assisting customers with their purchases. If I was dictator (and I would be a great one) there would be a lot of one handed and no handed civilians walking around.

Last edited:

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Typically the only register staffed with a real person now is in the lumber section.

Fun fact: Walmart spent half a billion dollars on self checkout anti theft tech so that they didn’t have to hire extra cashiers.
Sad that we are entering an era where being a cashier is considered a skilled trade 🙄

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom