Seminole Folks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DOH!

I should also mention that if you're into archery, Prague has a really great pro shop.
It's a pawn/gun/fishing/archery shop called Davenport's....right in town on Hwy99

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in Seminole. Actually on 150 acres about 4 miles south of down town Seminole off Highway 99. You'll see our old farm if you look to the west, there's a 34 acre lake (best fishing in the state). That was ours for 50 years. Polo's was always good. I've been away from there about 15 years now.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey there, howdy! :wave:

Actually, I only work in greater Seminole. A measley 40 acres west of Holdenville, America is where I hang my hat.

Seminole...it's actually a neat little town, rich in the oil industry and methanphetamines. :rolleyes2 I swear, I've never seen more crank in such a one-horse town in all my life. A good friend of mine and fellow longarm, Patrick Vance once said - there's nothing more dangerous than a redneck on meth. :nono2:

No, Polo's is no longer. I never much cared for them anyways. :disappoin Their Queso-fundido was good, but that was about all. The best Mexican around is Cazadorez, just south of Bosco Joe's. Personally, I prefer Hillbilly BBQ over Bosco Joe's. Hillbilly is a great guy who just runs things with his wife out of a travel trailer and a big ol' smoker. His que rocks! :thumb: And yes, the donut shop here in town (just south of Sonic) is good too. But don't pay any attention to that damned leprechaun J.P. :finger: I don't go there as much as I used to. ;)

If you don't mind me asking, what part of town didya move to?

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in Seminole. Actually on 150 acres about 4 miles south of down town Seminole off Highway 99. You'll see our old farm if you look to the west, there's a 34 acre lake (best fishing in the state). That was ours for 50 years. Polo's was always good. I've been away from there about 15 years now.

I really miss fishing at Konawa Lake....that place is awesome! (if you like catching monster Bass)

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not now the lake is completely dry just a big hole. I always wanted to fish it. Who went to SJC?

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! I run a load to Dallas overnight, and you guys have been busy here! I appreciate the feedback. My wife is from there and wants to move back to help her sister take care of her two daughters. We have really gotten tired of Norman. It seems to be getting more and more city-like. We've signed a lease on a house for $475 vs the $700 we've been paying for a 3br apt. The only downside is I'll be commuting to Moore...

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! I run a load to Dallas overnight, and you guys have been busy here! I appreciate the feedback. My wife is from there and wants to move back to help her sister take care of her two daughters. We have really gotten tired of Norman. It seems to be getting more and more city-like. We've signed a lease on a house for $475 vs the $700 we've been paying for a 3br apt. The only downside is I'll be commuting to Moore...

Yeah....Westbound Hwy9 can get frustrating with no passing lane. :nono2:

Unless of course yer on a 'Busa...
:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom