Shimano part?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my secret weapons is an ultralight Shimano reel on a light rod with a weenie worm, and a 1/16 ounce bullet sinker on fireline that is strong but thin. When everything is asleep, this will sometimes wake something, and something big on occasion. I keep one of these in the trucks nearly all the time just in case I see a wet spot that isn't too carefuly guarded . . .

However, the screw that holds the handle in place (big knurled plstic end on a teeny screw maybe a half inch long) has vibrated out and escaped or hidden so well I can't find it.

This particular reel is old, but very functional. Where is the best source of parts for these? I have others, but would like to put this one back together.

Friends have kidded me forever about my wussy tackle. One stopped when nothing was biting and I caught a seven plus bass and got it out of a mossy pond in front of him. I do love light tackle. CB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of full sized Shimano's that need to be salvaged. I wonder if the handle retaining screw is the same? The full size may be a little longer, but, I'll see if one of mine will work for ya.
You said 1/2". I'll go look.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I didn't get out my thread guage, but looked at both of them, and you may be back in business. Looks like an 8-32 thread about 1/2" long with a big knurled plastic knob on the end.
Get me a pm with your mailing address, and I'll get it coming your way if it sounds like it might work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom