Shotgun fiber optic sight (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last weekend at the Grand American show I picked up a Winchester Super X2. I've been wanting a semi auto 12ga for a while and this one felt right. Plus, I've shot an X3 and really liked it.

Its been used, but the important bits are in great shape and any wear is cosmetic stuff. My question for you fine folks is about the fiber optic sight it came with. The sight is dirty/faded and seems a bit small, it just doesn't stand out enough when I'm looking down the rib. What are some good replacement fiber optics you all have had experience with? I thought about just getting a new rod to put in this sight, but I'm thinking a larger diameter might be better...

Here is a picture of the sight, not sure if its a universally mounted one, or if it came factory. Also, it looks like some kind of rubber adhesive was used to fix it on there; don't know it that may be a problem if I want to replace the whole sight bracket..

i494.photobucket.com_albums_rr303_mkfreel_GEDC0003.jpg
i494.photobucket.com_albums_rr303_mkfreel_GEDC0002.jpg

Also, an obligatory pic of my new baby in its entirety with its nordic +6 tube, barrel clamp and carlson extended choke (pay no mind to the messy garage). Can't wait to get this thing out for some clay busting.

i494.photobucket.com_albums_rr303_mkfreel_GEDC0011.jpg

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It looks like there's a bead towards the muzzle that the base of the sight wraps around to help with finding zero for the fiber optic. If that is a screw on part then throw that old sight in the trash and get a Hi Viz fiber optic sight from brownells/midway for about $30. It comes with multiple screws to fit the threading on different barrels and has multiple spare rods of different sizes to suit your needs.

If that part doesn't unscrew, knock it off and tap it to accept one of the screws in the hi viz kit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom