Should sodium fluoride continue to be added to our water supply?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm again' it.

I'm also again' the government being in the water business to begin with.

My old lady and I like to try to keep our diet as pure and chemical-free as possible. The main things we're worried about are things like hormones, pesticides, MSG, and high fructose corn syrup, but we don't want any extra fluoride in our diet either. For Christmas I got her a reverse osmosis water filter for the house.

FYI, the regular inline charcoal filters, pitcher filters, or the deals you screw on your faucet will not remove fluoride... it is a very small particle. It requires a full-on reverse osmosis system. They're not too bad price-wise... I think mine was around $150 for a Whirlpool Gold system from Lowes. It comes with a 3 filter setup, a holding tank, and a water spout you can add to your counter top. I am just going to hook it up to the fridge, so the water spout and ice maker use nice pure water.

The RO system will virtually eliminate the fluoride from our drinking water, but unfortunately you also absorb a significant amount through your skin while taking showers. We don't have a good solution for that. My folks don't like the stuff either... they are going to hook well water up to their bathroom for showers. We big city folks don't have that luxury.

Latest posts

Top Bottom