Show me your guitars!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1967 Silvertone 1439L. 2005 Fender Mustang…2023 Squire Mustang.

B15D12D3-D397-47CE-8DAD-767A12C096D8.jpeg

RVCooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my newest. My son made this one for me out of a chunk of eucalyptus.
And because blues is my obsession, he embedded a glow-in-the -dark map
of the Mississippi River from Memphis to Vicksburg. He also incorporated a
few details made from family heirlooms. Made the strap too. Neither of us wanted to
ship it so I drove out to Phoenix and brought it home. It's a little on the hefty side
but sounds very nice and gets played about every day. This one stays with me to the end.
20220929_201527.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
few details made from family heirlooms. Made the strap too. Neither of us wanted to
ship it so I drove out to Phoenix and brought it home. It's a little on the hefty side
but sounds very nice and gets played about every day. This one stays with me to the end.
Is your son a luthier? That's a great looking guitar, and I fully support your decision to never part with it. The one I opened the thread with will never go anywhere, and I have at least one other that I may post eventually that won't leave... and maybe the older Taylor, because it's the one I've had the longest. We've been through some stuff together.... Oh yeah, and my wife's aunt's 1966 Gibson Dove, because it was Aunt Morene's... and... oh shoot, I can't get rid of any of them. :pms2:

I guess one of the new cool features is glow in the dark fret markers. The ones on top of fretboard that you can see easiest while playing. I guess it would be helpful on a semi dark stage to see the fret markers.

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Your son has some real talent. :thumb:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
very cool

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend Jack holding my Blackout Deluxe Telecaster and my blue Stratocaster.
Tele has flipped controls and push pull tone knob for neck pickup on/off. Strat has Abbigail Yberra signed Fender Custom shop 69 pickups.
Jack plays a 1964 Guild Starfire he bought new in 1964.

Blue Tele is usually 5 string tuned in G for Rolling Stones Keef style. Both blue guitars were built for me out of Fender parts by Rich Weems in Kansas City.

I also have an Epiphone Goldtop 1956 Les Paul that has Seymour Duncan "Seymourized mini humbuckers" from Seymour's bench installed. The tone of the neck pickup is soooo sweet. A serious rock guitar.
All my guitars have alot of gig play time over the years. I also have two acoustics and a Fender Bass and a Les Paul copy.
20230131_134944.jpgIMG_20230122_193027.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180917_121743.jpg
    IMG_20180917_121743.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 16763170209383225226010573024620.jpg
    16763170209383225226010573024620.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty blessed that since I returned to playing in 1988, most of my guitars have been gifts from friends and family.

As to buying or getting guitars ... I was trying to explain to my wife that no two guitars will sound or play the same, even of the same model. She says "no more" unless it is a National. She loves their tone.

Some of my favorites ... The "Lipstick Red" (like Candy Apple Red but the undercoat is different) Strat is an 87 Strat Plus. It was loaded with the Fender-Lace Golds but has the Fender-Lace Silvers in it now. It was going to be a prototype for the Jeff Beck Strat but ended up being a NAMM Strat. I was in Cali at Fender in '88 and they gave that to me with a Twin amp ... but I could not get the Twin in my car so they gave me a really cool Fender Champ.

The white Tele is a Tele Plus that John Page had built for me when he was at Fender's custom shop back in 91 when my daughter was born. Figured neck and special pickups from my friend, Don Lace. Amazing guitar. Not very Tele sounding but cures my need for getting another Lester Paul when I plug this guitar in.

The sunburst Tele is a 10.5lb American Deluxe Ash from I think 2005. Killer tone with those SCN pickups. This not just the heaviest Tele I have ever played but the heaviest guitar I have ever played including a three pickup LP Custom (with a natural top ... that I wish I had back).

The PRS is their S2. A few years back, I was looking for a good Gibson SG but ended up with this. Really impressed by the way this guitar sounds and plays. For the price and being American made, a real bargain.

The black Strat is their American Professional II that my kids bought me a few years ago and it is now loaded with the Lace Rainbow pickups. A really great sounding and playing Strat. The amp in the foreground is the Blues Cube Hot. I never thought I would play a solid state amp but this little amp is great for any music style. I don't use the boosts it has built in ... typically have a Tube Screamer with it.

The Larrivee is a parlor guitar in Koa (sides and back but I think the top is spruce). I needed an acoustic when I was in Chicago back in 2000 and wondered into a store and bought it. Little guitar but projects very well.

Lastly ... a lot of fun to noodle on ... a 4 string cigar box. This was built by Saint Blues in Memphis and given to me at a guitar show in Dallas a few years back. The pickup is a Lace Matchbook and it sounds amazing. Very cool guitar that I tune in G for slide work.

Attachments

• CboxBeer.jpg
    CboxBeer.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Black Strat Blues Cube.jpg
    Black Strat Blues Cube.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Larrivee1.jpg
    Larrivee1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PRS S2 8.16.jpg
    PRS S2 8.16.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Strat Tele 8.16.jpg
    Strat Tele 8.16.jpg
    753.3 KB · Views: 0

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will post one more... The body and neck on this one are also made of Koa

My dad was stationed at Pearl Harbor in the early '50s in the Navy, my older sister was born there. They wanted some Koa furniture, but it was pretty expensive, so they bought a slab of Koa wood, shipped it back to the mainland, where my uncle made it into a coffee table. I remember the table being in our living room until I was about 14 or 15 years old.

I found the coffee table in mom's attic several years ago, and took it to Liggett Guitars (Liggett Guitars) in Owasso, and Ben built this custom guitar from it. There is a picture of my sister when she was about a year old that they took in Honolulu, wearing a Hawaiian Lei, a straw hat, and a grass skirt. Ben made a scrimshaw image of the photo and inlaid it into the 12th fret on the neck. We call it The Hula Girl Guitar.

Ben is an artist and craftsman, having him build a guitar is like building your own AR-15.... you get everything exactly as you want it.

1677642274429.png

1677641925821.png
1677641965070.png
1677642161092.png
1677643206252.jpeg

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will post one more... The body and neck on this one are also made of Koa

My dad was stationed at Pearl Harbor in the early '50s in the Navy, my older sister was born there. They wanted some Koa furniture, but it was pretty expensive, so they bought a slab of Koa wood, shipped it back to the mainland, where my uncle made it into a coffee table. I remember the table being in our living room until I was about 14 or 15 years old.

I found the coffee table in mom's attic several years ago, and took it to Liggett Guitars (Liggett Guitars) in Owasso, and Ben built this custom guitar from it. There is a picture of my sister when she was about a year old that they took in Honolulu, wearing a Hawaiian Lei, a straw hat, and a grass skirt. Ben made a scrimshaw image of the photo and inlaid it into the 12th fret on the neck. We call it The Hula Girl Guitar.

Ben is an artist and craftsman, having him build a guitar is like building your own AR-15.... you get everything exactly as you want it.

View attachment 353389

View attachment 353385View attachment 353386View attachment 353388View attachment 353391
That is a great story and a special guitar. I'm sure it has a unique tone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom