Sig M400E vs SW MP15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will be ordering one shortly at a discounted price, difference is less than $100. The sig comes with magpul furniture, the SW with a rear sight (carry handle). All things considered, which is the better rifle/deal? I can get the FDE sig for another $50. I know there will be a considerable wait on either, which is fine.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer the Sig. If I weren't waiting for a Colt 6920, I'd be getting the Sig. I think it's a well-built AR, much more than the S&W.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will be ordering one shortly at a discounted price, difference is less than $100. The sig comes with magpul furniture, the SW with a rear sight (carry handle). All things considered, which is the better rifle/deal? I can get the FDE sig for another $50. I know there will be a considerable wait on either, which is fine.

better for what?

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All-purpose right now, but duty weapon in the future. I will also use it for training courses in the meantime. Looks like the SW MOE mid will be more than the m400, less than the enhanced, and the sig prices for LEO/Instructors are posted publicly $825 on the m400, $966-$987 for the enhanced. http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/Cms... Price List - Master IOP rev 02-06-2013.pdf

If those are your only two choices then it's a coin toss. I would give a slight nod to the sig based on its 1/7 twist barrel and their reputedly good cs. Both have similar enough specs as to barrel steel and material testing to make any other comparisons a wash.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would give the nod to the sig. The only real difference between the two is the 1/7 twist barrel on the sig over the 1/9 on the M&P.

I don't know that a factory FDE job would be worth it IMO. A cousin of mine bought a Colt with factory FDE and the finish was ****. Especially compared to some of Jarred's work at Harsh Firearms.

FWIW, I own a M&P and have been quite happy with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom