SIG P226 Dilemna

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a new P226 Tac-Ops and at 10 yards, everythings is low by about 3-4". A Couple other people shot it with somewhat the same results. Nephew shot it and was right on, but said he was compensating based on what we did.

What's/Where/How is a quick, cheap, easy way in Tulsa for someone to put it in a gun vise and find out if the gun is shooting accurately or is it the shooters.

Not a problem with other guns I have.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have access to a gunsmith, I'm sure they will test if for you for a relatively low price. Or get warranty work done on it. No telling who has handled a new gun, maybe it's been dropped but not marred. I had a Ruger New Vaquero that shot like crap out of the box, and they did a bunch of really nice and free trigger, sear, and cylinder work on it while they fixed the sighting issue.

nate76

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own 5 sigs and have found the safest bet is to send it back to sig directly. That way your warrenty is not voided in case someone does a hack job on it.
(603) 772-2302 (press #3 for Customer Service).

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own 5 sigs and have found the safest bet is to send it back to sig directly. That way your warrenty is not voided in case someone does a hack job on it.
(603) 772-2302 (press #3 for Customer Service).

That's my plan, but I wanted someone local to atleast check it out, to confirm something is wrong. But, thanks for the number. I'll call them tomorrow and see if I should just send it back or have it checked first.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Sig Armorer and a decent shot. I'd be willing to take a look at it and sling a few rounds down range for you, to make sure the gun is in working order and shooting correctly. Many times it's the shooter and not the gun. PM me.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are aware that Sig uses the "Combat sight" set up, right (aka, cover-n-kill)? Your front sight does not take a 6 o'clock hold to the target, it is set to cover the target. Where the white dot goes, the holes go. It is a mindset change, but it works just like the XS sights. Your description of hits sounds like this is the issue...

nate76

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's my plan, but I wanted someone local to atleast check it out, to confirm something is wrong. But, thanks for the number. I'll call them tomorrow and see if I should just send it back or have it checked first.

Good idea, the site picture mentioned maybe be the issue. Letting a local SIG armorer take a look and shooting is also a good idea. However, if the armorer thinks something is wrong, I would send it back to SIG to protect your investment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom