Sig P226 Elite Value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would be a fair value for a (literally maybe 500 rounds) P226 Elite SA/DA 9mm with a .40 cal conversion slide with it which looks like its never been shot through and a magazine for each caliber?.....just asking for a friend....wink wink

Found one and was debating to buy or not.

I just realized where I posted this, really not the best place for this type of thread........

Last edited:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First let me start by saying, my favorite pistol 'period" is my P226 Extreme so this isn't coming from a hater.

The problem with Sig is that several years ago Sig screwed ALL Sig owners by taking police trade-in units, refreshing/refinishing them and selling them as "Certified Pre-Owned" Sig-CPO for $475-$550 a pop. That absolutely killed the resale market for things like my $1,000+ P226 Extreme or yours. These are the ones you see everywhere online in the red boxes.

What's worse is that 40 Cal Slide cost a boatload too. Your total cost on that thing could easily be in the $1,400 range. I get it.

Sigs have a fierce following so you might get lucky. I wouldn't take less than $1,000 but that's just me. You might consider trade offers too. Often that's the easiest way to get a fair deal on Sigs.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, my EDC is a 229 in 9mm, but I found this 226 elite (its not a red box) with the .40 cal conversion with it was really thinking it might be a good deal....But hard to part with the money right now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom