Sig Romeo 5 doesn't fit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like there might be the triangular piece missing on the bottom left side of the mount?
I thought the same, but it looks like SIG uses a different clamp style:
IMG_5221.jpeg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take it the clamp for the left side (in your 1st photo) is what grabs the dovetail on that side? Is your screw too long and running out of threads? (bottoming out before tightening?)
From the images I’m seeing of mounted Romeo 5s, it looks like he has way too much thread showing, so the bolded part seems likely.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a video once explaining 1913 rails. Some manufactures use the mil-spec dimensions and some companies "wing" it on dimensions causing mounts/etc to not fit properly. You may have a 1913 rail that was not measured to the mil-spec dimensions and therefore your 1913 mount is incorrectly loose, etc.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am leaning towards a knock off. I just sent one back to amazon for the same reason. They are getting better and better at clones. The battery cover does look thin/ knurles arent looking right. Easiest way to tell is that real sigs ship with an energizer brand battery, the knock offs ship with a different/unbranded battery.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am leaning towards a knock off. I just sent one back to amazon for the same reason. They are getting better and better at clones. The battery cover does look thin/ knurles arent looking right. Easiest way to tell is that real sigs ship with an energizer brand battery, the knock offs ship with a different/unbranded battery.
I didn't know about the battery brand thing....good to know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom