Sig Sauer MCX Release Date

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm also quite interested in the rifle. Although it's really nothing new that we haven't seen before. Sig is just putting everything that's best for the AR platform into one rifle.
I do like the side folding stock version. Now if inly they'd make side folding/collapsible. That would be something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duckhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know when its due to be released, but I'm curious as well. Looks like a sweet rifle.

I love the looks of it as well. The designer of the Honey Badger is now working with Sig to make this rifle the "Black Mamba" as he put it, the snake that can kill the Honey Badger. Overall, the black mamba will have a higher quality than the Honey Badger (SORRY TO OFFEND YOU HONEY BADGER LOVERS). I was going to actually buy a H.B. when i ran across this rifle. Now I can't wait for it to come out.

duckhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm also quite interested in the rifle. Although it's really nothing new that we haven't seen before. Sig is just putting everything that's best for the AR platform into one rifle.
I do like the side folding stock version. Now if inly they'd make side folding/collapsible. That would be something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, that would be sweet!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting write up, no release date that I saw though.

First Look: SIG Sauer MCX

G&A Online Editors said:
January 13th, 2015

Building off the success of its MPX submachine gun, SIG Sauer has introduced a new firearm that combines similar modularity with a purpose-built, short-barreled, suppressed, lightweight rifle-caliber system.

Named the MCX, the new rifle is engineered to optimize performance with the .300 Blackout cartridge and with suppressors. It’s arrival is perfectly timed with the release of SIG Sauer’s new Elite Performance .300 AAC Blackout ammunition and SRD suppressors.

The SIG MCX features an auto-regulating gas system that allows for seamless transition between firing subsonic and supersonic loads. Running supersonic loads through a suppressor with the MCX will not damage the firearm or negatively affect reliability.

The MCX’s modular design also makes it completely mission-adaptable. Swapping from .300 Blackout to 5.56 NATO only requires the shooter to change out the barrel and op rod, while converting to 7.62x39mm entails an additional bolt face change. Barrel lengths can also be adjusted, and 16- and 9-inch versions will be available initially.

Notably, the MCX features an innovative recoil assembly that does not require a buffer tube, giving shooters the ability to utilize side-folding stocks. It incorporates a full-length Picatinny top rail for optics and accessories, and SIG’s iron sights come standard. The MCX’s upper is compatible with all Mil-Spec AR-15 lowers and, when paired with a SIG MCX Stock Kit, allows users to fully upgrade their legacy system.

There will be three initial variants of the MCX available to civilians: a semiauto rifle, a short-barreled rifle (SBR) and pistol configurations. All of these will be offered in .300 Blackout, 5.56 NATO or 7.62x39mm, with caliber conversions available immediately.

“We’ve built a team of the best minds in the industry, when it comes to silencer technology, rifle engineering and the .300 Blackout cartridge,” said Jeff Creamer, Executive Director and General Merchandise Manager for SIG SAUER, Inc. “The end result is a technological leap forward in ergonomics, modularity, cartridge performance, and sound reduction.”

Each of the MCX models will have aluminum KeyMod handguards, ambidextrous AR-style controls and an ambidextrous charging handle. All MCX rifles will utilize standard STANAG magazines and come with an upper receiver with hardened replaceable wear points. These include a cam path wear insert, a feed ramp insert, a removable/replaceable deflector and charging handle latch point inserts.

Both the rifle and SBR variants will be offered with a choice of four stocks: a low profile, side-folding skeletonized stock, a telescoping stock, a tubular side-folding stock or a folding telescopic stock. The pistol configurations come with a side-folding version of SIG’s SBX Pistol-Stabilizing Brace.

The SIG MCX rifle version sports a 16-inch cold hammer-forged barrel and is available for $1,866, while the SBR variant features a 9-inch barrel and is available for $2,058. The MCX pistol also utilizes a 9-inch barrel and is available for $2,132.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw one at the gun show in Guthrie last weekend. The vendor was C.O.P.S in Okc. IIRC the price tag was around $1750.00.

You may want to to do some more research at the different Sig forums and arfcom before you buy. Sig has been drawing a lot of heat with customer support complaints, proprietary parts and lack of parts availability for their rifles. They just dropped the 556, 556R and it looks like the 556xi may be next.

Latest posts

Top Bottom