simple little ladder stand I made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i usually just hunt on the ground or climb up in a big tree, but last year i made two of these just to be able to get off the ground a little bit. they are close to 8ft tall. i may make a couple about 10ft tall sometime soon. just need to go get the wood or see what all i have laying around here. doesnt weigh that much either, so they are pretty easily moved around. i took these pix this morning. i went to move it from one spot to another. i screw the back of the platform part into the tree and then i put another short 2x4 under that and screw that in to just for a little extra support. then i have it ratchet strapped as well. so anyway, just thought id post a few pix of a simple very cheap way to make a little ladder stand. i made one with wood i had laying around so there was no cost there and the other i bought a few 2x4's to make, less than $20 i think to make it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks pretty good, but should warn you if its not treated don't expect it to last more than 3-4 years, we had some similar to that and they rotted out pretty quick, also very slick in the ice, becareful and enjoy your stands

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks pretty good, but should warn you if its not treated don't expect it to last more than 3-4 years, we had some similar to that and they rotted out pretty quick, also very slick in the ice, becareful and enjoy your stands

yea your right, but for as cheap as it is to make, i can live with that. maybe next year ill make a couple with some treated wood and see how they do. i was thinkin about pickin up some spray paint today and painting it, but do you guys think the smell of it will scare the deer off for a while? its only about 30 yards from where they hang out.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was thinkin about pickin up some spray paint today and painting it, but do you guys think the smell of it will scare the deer off for a while? its only about 30 yards from where they hang out.

Wait until the day before season opens and use either gold or silver. That way the bucks will still be high from sniffing it and present an easier target all stumbling around.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait until the day before season opens and use either gold or silver. That way the bucks will still be high from sniffing it and present an easier target all stumbling around.

lol. and raccoons with gold noses and gold paws. i keep getting A LOT of raccoon pics on my game cam. one climbed up and got a close up of its face sniffin the camera or somethin.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks great, I made one of those myself 2 yrs ago, but it was 14ft high with a 3ft x 3ft platform, it is awesome to hunt out of!

yea i like hunting out of these things. got my 8point last year in one from about 20 yards with my 30-06. easy to climb up in to and plenty of room to sit or stand. im going to make a taller one in the next week or so. probably make it about 12ft tall. i picked up some black and green spray paint and went out yesterday and painted the one in the pic. its not as noticeable and doesnt stand out as much now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom