Single white male seeks black parkerizing in OK..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
somebody who does the work in-house, knows the difference between manganese and zinc phosphate, will follow directions to not bead blast an already GI blasted GI 1911 frame/thumb safety already chemically stripped (to leave frame markings unmolested), where all they need is acid dip and manganese phosphate bath/oil.

Last edited:

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought, if its even still a place, that MacKools in Tulsa did it?
918/Mackool's, no answer on phone just before 1pm, voicemail/answering machine full, will try later, and thanks for lead #1.
PS- got an answer and was quoted TWO HUNDRED for a stripped 1911 frame with no bead blast. Keep those cards and letters coming, folks. Otherwise I'll set back up to do it my own self for that amount of money.

Last edited:

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in OK, but I also think Iron Creations out of Ohio does. They make quite a few BMG parts, that are parkerized.
Yep, I know quite a few folk out of state working on milsurps, but in-state simpler, including self-delivery, dodging firearms shipment laws/shippers' extorsion, etc etc....looks like I'll again do it myself which will cost a max of $100...and keep me under my total $350 budget on the finished gun as a point of honor. Was thinking I could get it done local for $75-100 thrown in with a larger job, but.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom