Small pistol primers on the shelf.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm fixed pretty good so I didn't purchase any but as of a few minutes ago the Academy in Norman has SPP's on the shelf......CCI and Winch. both are $7.99+ tx. per 100.

No other primers in stock.

I didn't pay attention to the price but they've also got some Tightgroup and CFE Pistol powder in stock.

Last edited:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they charge hazmat for ship to home? Because shipping is free over $35…

Edit: I’ve found other threads that indicate that Academy doesn’t charge an additional hazmat fee on primers. So, order over $35 dollars worth of primers and they should ship for free.

Last edited:

User_3155

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They usually have a lot more behind the counter than what (if any) is on the shelf. Just have to ask. They had a bunch of CCI SPP, SRP and Win LPP, SPP last weekend and there was nothing on the shelves.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Powder valley has been advertising primers by the thousand recently. Mostly European. Down to around $70 per thousand. I remember some on here saying $120 was the new normal that was trying to peddle them at that price. Nope. Prices are falling, and when/if Trump gets back in, they will be $35 per thousand once more, just like the $100 per 500 round boxes of .22rf were a few years back. I vowed to never pay more than .04 cents a round, and almost ran out before they got back to that level under Trumps first watch. Actually picked some up at .03 cents per round. I'll never have to buy .22 ever again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am taking up a collection for Dennis.
He is not well he has a twomore that makes him believe in fantasies.
PLEASE contact Dennis or myself for donations.
Ha! Ha! Mark my words! I've been right in the past. :laugh6:
During the Clinton years, primers got to almost $100 per thousand and were almost non-existent. Bush years.....$30 per thousand.
Obama years.....I think they got up to $60 or so.
Trump years. $34 per thousand is the most I paid. Typically, at Powder Valley. Stocked when cheap and stacked deep. Primers are no issue.

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, I'm the one who's fantasizing. I want them to go back to a buck 25 for a box. Literally everything has doubled in price so many times over the last 30 years that everyone thinks these prices are normal. In all reality, it was better in the 30's economy than than now. My money went further when I was making $3.24 a hour than now at around 30.00.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm fixed pretty good so I didn't purchase any but as of a few minutes ago the Academy in Norman has SPP's on the shelf......CCI and Winch. both are $7.99+ tx. per 100.

No other primers in stock.

I didn't pay attention to the price but they've also got some Tightgroup and CFE Pistol powder in stock.
they have been dropping pretty good - looking forward to being to buy them for less than $40/k once we get the idiot out of the white house

Latest posts

Top Bottom