Snub Nose Revolver class at the OKC gun club Sept 25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fm2

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This class is very practical and informative. I took this class and learned a great deal. Claude is a very good instructor and has a wealth of knowledge to share with students. He's got decades of carry experience with snubbies, a must attend class.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I'm the first!!!

This class was great. I learned a lot about shooting snubbies. Just a short list....

-Speed loaders rule. Speed strips are ok. Loose ammo sucks.
-The jet loader speed loaders are tits as they say but the comp 1 safariland aren't that bad either.
-Check your carry ammo against your practice ammo cause more then likely it will have different zero.
-Shooting 125 rounds doesn't sound like a lot but out of a j frame with a hard grip my hand is bruised and swollen even shooting light wadcutters.
-Having a visual reference on your front sight to let you know when your aren't lined up properly is a good thing to have. I shot high most of the class because I wasn't dropping the front sight in ghe notch enough. Not a big deal with full sized guns but very obvious with a j frame.
And finally... Do not lube the rod!

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good class; gave me a better perspective on the J and what it is like to use it as a defensive weapon.

I agree with nearly everything posted above. If you can carry them, speedloaders whip the other options for reloading a revolver. However, the drills convinced me that speed strips are not useless, especially if you treat them as a quick 2-shot reload. That can be done fast with practice. I am going to start emphasizing the 2-shot reload from speed strip in my sessions.

Also:

* Speer Gold Dot 135 +P is accurate and shoots to point of aim in my gun. Get that support hand on the gun or the recoil will get flippy. I am satisfied with this round.

* Presentation of the snub from pocket carry can be a hassle. Presentation from appendix carry is reliable and fast. If I can find a workable appendix carry rig for EDC that is the way to go.

* You should paint the snub's sights to improve visibility. Claude has a great protocol for this. Looking through the sights of one of his guns, the improvement is obvious. I am going to do this to my J.

* Boundary Restaurant out on scenic Route 66 east of Arcadia has tasty bbq.

Latest posts

Top Bottom